Adam and I LOVE our jobs.
It's no secret that our work life was tough (to say the least) in Singapore. It has been an amazing feeling to wake up every day and be excited to go to work. While I had a class full of students to get me through each day in Singapore, Adam did not. That made his job exceptionally tough. In our new roles, we are challenged, busy, purposeful and appreciated.
For those that don't know, Adam returned to his previous school and became the Dean of Students. He has a few periods of math in the mornings, but spends most of his day in the office. He's enjoying it and learning a lot along the way, mostly due to an incredible mentor.
In August I accepted a position (at my former school) as the PYP coordinator. I was hesitant to take the role, but knew that it would be one that challenged me (in a good way) professionally. Thankfully, I had some supporters encouraging me to take the role. Never once have I regretted it. I absolutely love it. There's a learning curve for sure, but it feels like I took the right step. AND, it doesn't hurt that I work Tuesday-Thursday. :)
I am asked everyday, "Is it nice to be back?"
Never once has my response varied. "It was a wonderful two years and we wouldn't trade them for anything. But yes, we are so, so happy to be home."
To return to our previous schools is a blessing. To see familiar faces and work with incredible teachers is a blessing. To be excited about going to work every day is a blessing.
There is no doubt that at this moment, we are where we're meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment