| This was a bit overwhelming to sort through and put away! |
Looking forward to this getting a lot of use next summer!
| I am in love with this room. So happy with how it came together, by the work of many hands. |
We are settling in well and loving our house. It really feels like a home and a place where memories will be made for years to come. When the moving truck arrived, I had many flashbacks from two years ago when it came to take all of our things to Singapore. It's crazy how an adventure is wrapped up just.like.that.
And just.like.that. life is off and running here. Luke met his first grade teacher last week (who coincidentally has taught overseas and lived in Thailand) and saw his school. He has met some boys in the neighborhood and enjoys playing football with them in the street. Adam and I returned to work this week and are loving our new roles. Since moving back from Singapore, I took on the PYP coordinator role at Bonny Slope. It's still a half time position and one week in, I'm loving it! To have a job that is professionally challenging and still half-time is pretty exciting.
As we enter the Fall season here, I find myself very excited for the weather, football, holidays and all-that-is-fall. It is by far the season I missed the most. I look forward to our new routine and spending more time with Drew at home.
We find ourselves staying connected with friends from Singapore, which is such a blessing. They are forever-kind-of-people and while we aren't spending our days together, it's nice to continue our friendships in a different way.
Things I love about being home:
-I'm in a sweatshirt right now
-I can run any time of day
-My coffee maker
-Snuggling on the couch with the boys and a blanket each morning
-Having space to run and play and get away from one another when necessary :)
-ELLA! (She really should be first)
-Our family being so close. We have seen a lot of them and I love, love, love it.
-Our new jobs are exciting, stimulating, challenging and rewarding
Today marks the first Duck game of the season and I can't wait to watch the game and cheer them on. I have two little devoted Duck fans in this household, which goes to show that Adam doesn't always get his way.
Cheers to a 3-day weekend and beginning a new school year....


No comments:
Post a Comment