Meet Lucinda...
Plain and simple, this girl is my sanity. It's no secret that life at Stamford is full-speed and crazy hard sometimes. I honestly don't know where I would be without her on my Grade 3 team. I believe that people are placed into our lives for a reason. And Lucinda is in my life to keep me sane. No doubt about it. We laugh A LOT, we dance in mid-conversation A LOT, and we vent A LOT. We share our days, ideas, ups and downs, and everything that is life. It's been a bumpy ride at times for both of us and she's always got my back. She loves listening to stories about my kids and I have loved getting to know her husband and sweet dog. When she's not at school, my days are quieter and lonelier. We share a serious love for coffee and without her, weekly Starbucks lattes and weekend brunches wouldn't be a "thing".
Life is more fun with this girl in it. She's my first-thing-in-the-morning-check-in, my partner in crime, my "sure you can close the door and complain about everyone & everything" girl and she's got a wicked sense of humor.
I have no doubt that our paths will cross again. Lucky for me, her family is in the United States, with some of them being in PORTLAND. It's better that way because I refuse to tell her "goodbye" in six weeks. A "see you soon" will do just fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment