"Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard." -Dave Mustaine
Monday, May 5, 2014
Rockstar Life
Seriously. I am TOO OLD for 4 days/nights of events. TOO OLD. By Saturday night's birthday party, I was worn out, grumpy from the heat and just wanted to be home. We are lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives and I love to celebrate their wonderfulness, but it's a good thing we don't party like rockstars every weekend.
And by rockstar, I mean nursing-home-rockstars. We were still home and asleep by midnight each night.
Here's a few more from the Tiger Brewery night...
Proof that I was totally rockin' the microphone. LOLA!!!
It's Christabel!
Thursday was the Sikh wedding ceremony and Friday night was the reception out on Sentosa. They actually had another ceremony on the beach before the reception (I think this was ceremony 4 or 5) and I was told that's where it became official. We didn't go because I thought it was just a 'blessing'. While they were doing that, we were making the most of cocktail hour. :)
With my dates, Liz & Lucinda
The stunning father and mother of the groom. Love that lady!
Photo booth time!
There was lots of entertainment from belly dancers and singers. Here they pulled the two moms on stage to dance. So cute.
Both families with the bride and groom in the middle.
The Shikh wedding was a very quiet, subdued ceremony. This party was completely the opposite. So much fun - loud, lots of laughter, bright colors and upbeat, mostly Bollywood music. It's everything I imagined an Indian wedding celebration to be.
For your viewing pleasure, I wrap this night up with a video clip of my FAVORITE part of the party. The Indian man, who MC'd the night (and was so good he could have sold me a car in 5 minutes), sang Lionel Richie to get people on the dance floor. Yep, that happened and it was fabbbbbulous.
And finally, on Saturday night we celebrated our friend Kendra's 40th birthday at a roof top (read: we were a hot, sweaty mess) bar.
Happy staff party/weddings/birthday week! We are now just six weeks away from flying out of Singapore!
No comments:
Post a Comment