Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hello Australia!

After an uneventful 7 hour, overnight flight, we landed at 6:30am in Sydney. Boys were amazing on the flight- slept 5 of the 7 hours. Unfortunately, Adam and I never got more than a 30 minute sleep, so we are powering through the day on fumes. Once we arrived at our hotel, we had breakfast, took a short nap then met up with Adam & Shamani for the afternoon. They took us for a walk around town, Circular Quay and to the famous Harry's for a lunch of meat pies. We walked and walked and walked, but it was a great way to see a lot of the city.

We've only been here for 9 hours and I will say this.... I could live in Sydney! It's beautiful, big city but not over crowded, beautiful water and lots of open parks/trails. Adam and I have said many times that it reminds us a lot of Portland. Probably why I love it so much!

*It should be noted that in true Mitchell family fashion, Drew got an ear infection the morning we flew out. Luckily, we saw an illness coming (because one comes on EVERY trip we go on!) so we were ready with antibiotics. Thank goodness!





Pancakes after very little sleep...




How lucky is this little guy!? Ice cream in Sydney, with his teacher!


The Sydney Opera House!










The boys found room to RUN! And roll. :) We walked through Hyde Park and several others today.





Meat pie with mashed potatoes and creamed peas. Surprisingly very good!







After another nap, Adam and Shamani took us down to Bondi Beach for dinner. Beautiful!






What a perfect day in Sydney!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! Enjoy the Holiday's with your family:)

    Love, Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this last picture of you and Adam! You guys are glowing!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete