Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Around Singapore

Christmas in the tropics definitely doesn't feel like Christmas, but it certainly looks like Christmas. With an Asian flair. Okay, a lot of Asian flair.

Christmas goes up around November 1st in Singapore (I constantly have to remind myself that they don't celebrate Thanksgiving), so I've been taking pictures around town to give you an idea of what we see...














And we enjoyed our own Christmas celebrations...

Ornament making at Ella's house
The Stamford Christmas Festival
Decorating our little Charlie Brown tree...LOOK at the HUGE clump of ornaments Drew beautifully hung. 
I like it way better this year... maybe I'm getting used to the Asian flair! 
An early Christmas dinner with the Mansell's
Every night at 7:30 a huge Christmas tree has "snow" around it. By "snow" I mean soap suds. They come out of several machines that create a snowy effect. Sort of. Instead of ski bibs and boots, kids are running around in their swim suits playing in it! Strange...

Drew was OVER IT. 
You can see the "snow" flurries...even the tree is getting covered
We saw Santa on Luke's birthday... I don't know how this happened (getting Drew to sit like that and smile) but it did!

We leave tomorrrow night for Sydney! We miss our family and friends very much during this time and wish you all a very Merry Christmas. We love you and can't help but feel so blessed with what we have in our lives. YOU are all a big part of that. 

With love - A, A, L & D

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment