May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
...
Another aeroplane,
Another sunny place,
I'm lucky I know,
But I wanna go home
That is exactly how I'm feeling right now. I am saying constant prayers for one of my former students that I adored. He's been in the hospital for several days and things are pretty bad. His mom, along with my dear friend, have been kind enough to give me updates and as a mother myself, I simply can't imagine what she's going through.
On lunch duty today I saw Luke and he didn't look well. The nurse took his temperature (103), so I called the doctor and they said to bring him in right away. Needless to say, I left work within an hour, took him in and he's now back on antibiotics. The good news is that it's not reoccurring pneumonia, but it is mycroplasma. That's a medical term for "walking pneumonia" which I guess in the categories of pneumonia, it's the safest one to have. That's easy to say, but hard to believe as I'm looking at our sweet boy, lethargic on the couch with a 104.5 fever. Scary and emotional.
In an effort to not appear totally crazy, I really tried to keep it together at work today as I learned more from the states and awaited Luke's doctor appointment. I got to a friend's office, walked in and LOST it.
A friend sent me a text tonight mentioning that in these times, it's so hard to be away from home. And that's what it is. Exactly.
I wish more than anything that I was with my Bonny Slope family right now. I wish that Luke would kick this stuff and get better. High fevers scare the crap out of me.
Sending huge hugs and continuous prayers back to Portland. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment