Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My heart is full

I can't find the words to express how grateful I am to those of you who reached out. For now, thank you will have to do. I was sharing experiences with a friend over here today and she said, "it's strange how lonely you can feel even in a place surrounded by friends." So, so true.

Living overseas has taught me a lot. It's taught me strength, flexibility, courage and understanding. It's also taught me that I have the greatest friends in the entire world. I'm humbled and I'm touched by your kindness. Thank you. You make my world a better place every.single.day.

Luke is getting better, which we are so thankful for. Here's hoping these next two weeks on antibiotics will prove strong enough to get rid of his walking pneumonia for good. Poor guy has had a rough month. He was begging us to let him go swimming with Drew tonight and we continuously told him "No, you are sick and when you're sick you can't go swimming." After a bit of thought he says to me, "Mom! Remember that time in Singapore? When I didn't get to go swimming for forever? Do you remember that?"  Followed by, "Mom, can I pleeaassse just get my whole body in the water? My body is telling me that it would feel better if I got to get all the way in the water."

If we were handing out an award for Best Drama, that kid would win, hands down.

Thank you again for reminding me that friendships extend beyond borders and oceans. xo

There are some people in life
That make you laugh a little louder
Smile a little bigger
And just live a little better. 
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment