Monday, March 18, 2013

Yikes!

As if being afraid of birds wasn't enough. A few months back we were alerted to the fact that monkeys had been seen on campus and now this. For me, this one takes it.


Dear Teachers,

This information is for your eyes only. Please do not alarm the students unnecessarily. We need you to be extra vigilant when you move around the campus.

We have sighted a python in the car park about an hour ago, but was not able to capture it before it slither back into Phase 2 construction site. The necessary authorities have been informed and we are working to remove the snake from campus. The pest control are on their way. The snake was sighted at the south-eastern corner of the car park, nearest to the new development.

As we’re very near to dismissal timing, please be extra vigilant when you usher students, especially when heading to the bus bay. Raymond, the security officers and myself will be stationed along the entire corralling area, just to make sure we keep students away from that area. Please make sure no students wanders off into the car park without adult supervision.

In the event of a snake sighting, please call Raymond or myself immediately.

A FREAKING PYTHON!! Are you kidding me? I love that they go on to explain what to do in the event of a bite but add, "Pythons don't bite." I read that to mean: Those suckers will strangle you but watch out for the biters cause they're around here too.

Seriously. I had to input a cell number in case of a snake sighting. My Dad would have boarded the first plane home after reading that email!

I already do the quick once-over area scan every time I enter a place. That was for monkeys. Now I'm looking for death slitherers. On a positive note, I don't have time to be afraid of birds anymore!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment