Sunday, March 17, 2013

Busting Out of the Comfort Zone

What a great weekend! I love that I'm able to say that sentence so often. On Friday night we tried a new burger place here in Singapore. They serve burgers, hand-formed with real USDA beef. YUM! Their fries are made from potatoes from the Pacific Northwest! While they were delicious, I don't think we'll return. Including the taxi ride there and back home, our hour out for dinner cost us $80! Our taste of home didn't come cheap! 

Parenting at its finest...Drew LOVED his dinner. A Root Beer Float! Two of his favorites - pop & ice cream.  He thought he hit the jackpot!

Saturday morning Adam and I managed to get our run over 3 miles. Our 10K is coming right up in a few weeks. Ahhh! Afterwards we felt like we were on vacation as we hung out at the pool for 3 hours. It was wonderful. The sun was out, the boys were happy and we were able to sit poolside and talk. In the evening I stepped out of my comfort zone and joined a group of friends for an evening of wine & art. It was very fun and I'm pretty darn proud of my creation. Those who know me well, know that I have serious art anxiety. The thought of being artistic sends me over the edge. I was prepared (thanks to Pinterest!) and knew exactly what I wanted to paint. And the best part is that it turned out to be wall worthy! 

With the lovely Tanya
Cheers Jill!
Janice getting creative
Lucinda & Tanya
I came prepared with my masking tape :)
Janice's hot air balloons
Libby's masterpiece 
Lucinda's work of art
Alison is painting the Kandinsky circles we had above our couch.
We found this to be a little creepy. And HUGE. Which means there is a HUGE wall  in a HUGE house somewhere for it to hang. 
So of course I had to pick his nose. Seriously, grow up. BUT...notice that I am the same size as them. Again, HUGE.



My first canvas DONE! 

The circles came down and an original work of art went up. Ha! 
Tomorrow Adam leaves for Chang Mai with the 5th graders for a week long learning expedition. They have a packed schedule including a visit to an orphanage, hiking, and hopefully zip-lining. Wish me luck with the boys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment