Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What's that you say?

Have you ever been in a conversation where the other people start talking in a different language and suddenly you feel super awkward because you have no idea what they're saying? So you smile and nod, pretending you know what's being said, but everyone there knows you really have no idea. That happened to me at dinner tonight. With my son. Yep, Luke and the waiter had a full blown conversation in mandarin tonight and I had no clue what they were saying. Then a bit later the waiters were yelling something back and forth and Luke joined in by yelling something out - in mandarin. Take a bite of sushi, yell out some mandarin. Just like that.


He was VERY proud of his little certificate that he earned in class today. "Hip Hip Hooray! I made it to purple today. I am a leader!" 

We were able to talk to Adam tonight. He said today in Chang Mai was quite cool. They visited an organic farm and the kids harvested and made their entire lunch from the farm. Tomorrow they'll visit an orphanage. Below are a few pictures he's taken from the past two days. Tomorrow is their last full day there. He'll arrive back in Singapore at 5:30 Friday night. Just in time for the weekend!






 The week has been a good one so far. Like I said before, time FLIES over here!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment