March is off to a great start! Saturday morning was the Fun Run at SAIS. Adam and I ran our first 5K in Singapore and quite frankly, I'm surprised I lived to tell about it. It was H-O-T. As I was running, I tried to think of what to equate it to. All I could come up with was this: You know how it feels to be in a sauna and once you've been in there 20 minutes or so, you know it's time to get out because the heat/humidity is just too much? Well, that's how running in Singapore feels ALL.THE.TIME. Like you're trapped in a sauna with no cool air to relieve you. Ever.
I laugh at the pictures of me post-race because I remember how proud I was of myself for finishing, yet truly how miserable I was. That said, I never walked and I finished. Now to continue with training for a 10K. God help us.
 |
| About 5 minutes post race. Still sweating profusely. Who am I kidding? I'm still sweating! |
 |
| Students raced at the school - Luke's age group did 1 full lap. |
 |
Luke and his buddy Jack
|
 |
| Wearing our medals proudly...this was no easy feat! |
Saturday night we went out to dinner with my team at the Tanglin Club. It was the best Indian food we've had in Singapore. Delicious! A fun way to spend an evening!
 |
| Shikha, Vanessa & Mia |
 |
| Liz, Lucinda and her husband, Ryan |
 |
| Vanessa, Mia & Me |
 |
| Wow...amazing food! |
 |
| We have come a long way...but I'm so thankful for this group of ladies! |
Our fun weekend continued as we took the boys to our favorite pancake place for breakfast on Sunday at the Botanical Gardens. After eating we moved over to a large, grassy area where we played football for a few hours. It was so nice to have space to throw the ball. The boys also enjoyed checking out the pond, as it was filled with huge fish and sea turtles. So cool. Hard to believe this place is right in the middle of Singapore.
 |
| Nothing like chocolate pancakes! |
 |
| Even Adam enjoyed the chance to throw the football |
 |
| Loving the room to run! |
 |
| Water break! - one of many |
 |
| Looking for sea turtles |
 |
| Fresh caramel corn makes shopping a little easier :) |
 |
| Home for a sushi lunch! What a rough life for this kid! |
Tomorrow will be an exciting day in Grade 3 as the Third Grade Market will open up in all 6 of our rooms. I'll post pictures of the event. It's a culminating activity that students have been working on for weeks. I've done the market for 4 years at Bonny Slope and was thrilled to bring it to Singapore. :)
Hopeful for a smooth sailing week AND the strength to get through longer runs.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment