You know, one would think that I'd be used to the weather by now. Nope. Every day, every week, every month, I wait for the weather to change - to give me some idea that it's a new season, some idea that the year is moving forward. But no. Yet somehow, even with sun and humidity EVERY SINGLE DAY, the year is flying by. Only three and a half months until we come home. Much of what we said we missed a few months ago is still greatly missed today...
-Family, friends and ELLA
-A cool breeze
-The need for a light jacket (or any jacket for that matter)
-Jeans
-Straight Hair
-Carpet
-Having our place feel naturally cool (not air con cool)
and on and on...
We do miss having a car, but not everyday. We certainly don't miss the expenses that come with having a car, but we miss one the most when we're trying to get home in the pouring rain. Cabs are hard to come by once it rains and umbrellas can't contain Singapore downpours.
These past 10 days have been bumpy. Sometimes speed bumpy and other times tires-blowing-out bumpy. It has been harder to snap out of this funk and I think it's because we are starting to feel how long we've been away. While coming home is so close, we still have much to do in that time. Hong Kong, Vietnam and Vicki's visit. I'm also hopeful for a visit from Lisa. I guess that's a pretty good "spring."
We are looking forward to the weekend - fun with friends and time with our boys. Luke and Drew are doing very well, still entertaining us every single day. Most recently Drew "entertained" me by filling the bathtub halfway up with water and using the toilet bowl brush holder to transport the water from the tub to our bed. And our floor. And the bathroom floor. Everywhere. You should have seen how proud that boy was of himself. Shouting "I DO THAT! I DO THAT!" as he pointed to the puddles. In that moment, it was far from cute. Especially considering I fell on the way into the bedroom from all the water. Funny how sometimes cement walls make everything so much louder and other times you can't even hear a bathtub running. Lesson learned.
Bumpy roads aside, February was a great month. Chinese New Year, my Mom & Denis were here, Adam got to visit Dubai, and we had some great times with friends. Ready for March!
xo
.
No comments:
Post a Comment