It sure feels like it! Yesterday it rained ALL day. Granted, during the monsoon season we expect rain every day. BUT - it's usually a 20 minute rain. Yesterday was ALL DAY. Made for a tough time getting out of the house. Luckily we are so close to school so the boys spent some time playing in our gym.
Friday night was our staff New Year's party. So much fun. It was in a fancy hotel with dinner, drinks and dancing. We had a great time and it was especially nice to spend time with everyone outside of school.
 |
| Adam and Maureen |
 |
| Such fun people we work with! |
 |
| With Christabel - Luke would have been mortified to see us dancing. Considering he gets SO embarrassed when I start dancing, this would have put him over the edge. |
 |
| With Sue - Luke's fabulous PE teacher |
Today we took the kids to Chinatown so they could buy something (notice I didn't say junk) with their allowance. And yes, the boys were dressed alike again. Luke matched them in "car" shirts and grey shorts. Adam and I took advantage of being down there and ate the famous "chicken rice" again. After eating it a second time, I definitely see why people like it so much.
 |
| This is the Year of the Snake - This huge 'snake' made out of lanterns stretches all the way down the main street. |
 |
| I was smart and packed their lunches while we enjoyed the chicken rice - it's still hard to find things they'll eat. |
 |
| This made me laugh..he was a bit confused. Real? Fake? Real? Fake? |
 |
| ANNNNDDDD...the allowance goes to a new Buzz Light Year key chain. The kid is obsessed with key chains. |
 |
| Drew picked out a Mario key chain. It was pretty cute seeing them pay the cashiers themselves with their hard earned money :) |
 |
| So proud of their "treasures" |
 |
I know I've said it before... I love Chinatown!
|
Ready for the week as the countdown continues. Two and a half weeks until my Mom & Denis arrive!
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment