Monday, November 26, 2012

Shouting from the rooftops...

I LOVE MY FRIENDS & FAMILY! Honestly, how did I get so lucky? I didn't set out to write a post for sympathy. I set out to write a post that was honest and true to what we're going through. And selfishly, writing about it helps me feel better. And somehow, you knew just the right things to say. I'm blessed.

Here's what I DO KNOW...

The fact that we miss home so much is a GOOD THING. It means that what we had back home is good. Really, really good. It's even better than that. And when this Singapore gig is over, we get to go back to all that goodness.

Our boys are so happy here. Their happiness is contagious. It's hard to have a pity party when JOY is all over their little faces.

I don't have to think this is the most wonderful place. That's what Disneyland is for. We can dislike things about Singapore, we can be frustrated with things here and we can have 'I hate Singapore days.'

This is our reality. We owe it to ourselves and each other to make the best of it. We will hold onto these two years for the rest of our lives. We can't spend them being miserable. Just not worth it.

Lastly, I love my friends & family more than words can ever express. I really, really do. Thank you for being you. Every last one of you.

Sending hugs through the computer screen. Sweaty hugs...we just got done running. This time without a water bottle.

xo

2 comments:

  1. I miss you SO much! I love reading your blog, I love your emails, I love seeing your pictures, I love seeing the fish clean your fingers and toes, I love...I LOVE YOU! :) He, he...check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg. You can do ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that! I'm going to repost...SO cute and so what I needed :)I appreciate your kind words. I think you know how much you are missed by me. Every single day I walk into work. love you too!

    ReplyDelete