Okay. Maybe not dancing, but running. And rain is the understatement of the year. It was a DOWNPOUR. In fact, the field at school is flooded. Oh, and some lightening and thunder thrown in. Adam and I did our run because "THE MITCHELL'S DON'T QUIT!" and man did it feel good. Completely soaked, running and talking about things that make us happy. Because that's what you do in the rain.
As we were running I told him this... "I know you are unhappy with work, but I am so, so thankful you are there. Having you there gives me someone to talk to about struggles I'm having, someone to push me, and someone to keep me growing as an educator." I'm not sure that made him feel much better about his job, but it sure helped me. I went to a workshop he gave after school today and man is he good. He is more than ready to be an administrator. I'm a proud wife.
Luke has turned into a Power Ranger. Everywhere we go, he tries to climb walls, whips out weapons, and spews air spit as he makes Power Ranger noises. I can't keep up with this kid.
And Drew. Drew took off in his arm floaties in the pool. FINALLY! He would scream everytime we tried to let go of him, and now he's off and kicking. There's hope for relaxation in Phuket for mom and dad. Someone bring me a drink.
I spent my lunch time Skyping with my Dad & Michelle today. I loved every minute of it and so enjoy eating lunch this way. This week I get 3 of those lunch dates with people. Those make me happy.
I'm going to leave you with this because it's so darn cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg
It made me laugh out loud and serves as a simple reminder that yes, I can do anything. Together we can do hard things. Thank you to Kim for sending it :)
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment