Well, we survived week 1 at work with students! Nice to have that in the books. Had a nice weekend. On Saturday Adam took the boys to a fire station here. They got to go inside ambulances, spray fire hoses, wear fire helmets and have fun. They went with another SAIS teacher, his wife and their two young kids. I spent the morning getting my hair done - it's straight and I LOVE IT. No more humidity curls and frizziness. Happy momma! Saturday evening we went to dinner & a movie with Jill and Alex, followed by a low key Sunday of shopping and dinner with another SAIS family. We continue to enjoy meeting new people, hearing their stories and getting the boys together with other kids. Luke can't wait for school tomorrow, which makes for stress free nights here. He said to me last week, "Mommy! My favorite thing about Singapore is school!" I love the sound of that.
We've had some difficult moments here adjusting this past week, but we're getting there. Little things happen that cause us to remember we've only been in Singapore for 5 weeks. I've had my moments of homesickness and desire for the normal, everyday things that existed in our lives back home. It goes without saying that I miss my family and friends more than words can say. I look forward to our first visitors in November and them bringing a bit of home with them. That said, the hard moments make the happy moments that much happier. There is a lot about this place that makes me happy, so I allow myself to have the homesick moments because they make this experience what it is. An adventure.
Below are a few random pics from the week/weekend...off to start week 2!
 |
| My sweet class of 23 (only 22 were there) |
 |
| The 3 amigos in the pool! |
 |
| This is one of the things I love about living here - FRESH fruit juice almost everywhere you go! Mango is my favorite and they literally juice it when it's ordered. Soooo good! |
No comments:
Post a Comment