Thursday, July 26, 2012

What.A.Day.

We are exhausted! Shot out of bed at 7:30 this morning, ate breakfast, loaded TWO taxis completely and haven't stopped moving since. Moving company was here right at 9, brought everything in, unpacked it all and left with the boxes at 10:30. That's efficiency! What a great way to move! That seems easy, but somehow we've been putting away, building furniture, etc all day. It was my hope to have it done by Sunday, which is funny given how I operate. We accomplished just about everything except our helper's room. That can come later.

Its funny that even though we just unpacked, I already know things I wouldn't bring again and things I'd bring more of. Hangers, definitely more hangers. Towels, WAY fewer towels. Adam (yes, Adam) could do with less shoes. Feeling pretty good about the kitchen- so small, but left most of our kitchen stuff behind.

After a full day without a meal, we decided to head down to the Nex Mall and grab some food. I know I was happy to get off Orchard Road, but I will admit it was nice to have food right outside of our door. People were right, the MRT is very easy to use, but not 'having a car' easy.

While we were at the mall, we decided to get some groceries too. There's a grocery store inside (man groceries are expensive here!) that'll deliver if you spend $150- nice when you don't have a car, annoying when you won't get your food for 24 hours. We still had to bring home all the cold items, which translated to us walking back home (and MRT) with a stroller, 2 kids, and 7 grocery bags. Yep, "those people" again.

Adam is putting our bed together as I type this. He and Luke got some swimming in before Luke fell asleep. We are exhausted and hot, but happy to have a home that'll serve us well for 2 years.

Below is what we accomplished today.... Boys room is done, but Drew was asleep when I took pictures.


























With concrete walls, we have to hire someone to hang pictures. I also hope to find a neat rug around here for the living room and several pieces to decorate with. It's a goal of mine to branch out (hence the red couch) and find different and unique pieces to fill our space with, and bring back to the states.

Good night from Singapore! Phew!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You made great progress. It looks so nice. The bedroom looks cozy and like a bit of home. Just curious if the windows have window guards, or those windows that can just open a tiny bit and lock? It's just the freak in me worrying about the boys near those windows so high up. Not trying to intrude, but never having lived that high up it came to mind. Can't wait to chat with you. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the side, slotted portion opens and it's not enough to fit through (plus it's too high for the boys). The slider opens and we keep it open in the mornings for the breeze, but the balcony is secure for the boys. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in awe of you guys! Bravo getting so much done in a short amount of time. And super proud of you for branching out--I know it's a scary feeling. Lol.
    Much love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete