We don't do a lot of slow around here. It seems like we are on the go a lot, and for the most part, we love it that way. With two little kids, how can you not be on the go a lot? That said, I am committed to doing my best to enjoy this life, one day at a time. For the past 13 years that Adam and I have been together, we have seen a ton of change. From moves, to kids, to jobs, to countries...we have changed it up a lot. When we were in Singapore, we craved every-day-normal in the states. It's always easier to want what you don't have, but I am determined not to live that way.
This quote is one I heard about 5 years ago and have never forgotten.
"Do not spoil what you have
By desiring what you have not.
Remember that what you have now,
Was once among the things you only hoped for."
In each stage of life, you tend to want to rush through it to get to the next. Then after you're done rushing, you look back and wonder where the time went. You think back to what you missed out on because you were busy wishing time away.
I want to enjoy the moments of settling in, both with our house and back into our lives here. I want to enjoy watching our boys roll around the backyard and squeal with happiness. I want to enjoy my coffee in the mornings as I'm snuggled up with Drew. I want to look at that sweet mouth of Luke's every time he talks, because in time, all those little baby teeth will be a distant memory.
The life we wanted is here. It's ours to wish away or embrace. As I sat on the couch with Adam tonight, a glass of wine in hand, listening to our boys play Ninja Turtles on the deck, I found myself feeling extremely grateful. Grateful for the life we've been given and the life we've created.
![]() |
| Enjoying a final latte with Tanya before she left. |
![]() |
| Trying to notice the beauty around me on my runs...easy to take it for granted! |
| So much love. |
![]() |
| Mom & Luke time at an art class |
![]() |
| Then to check out books :) |
![]() |
| A beautiful, peaceful evening run |
![]() |
| My heart. Best of friends. |






No comments:
Post a Comment