Tuesday, June 3, 2014

With a little help from my friends...

About two months ago, it was decided that a girls weekend away was a MUST. Adam has been on several guys golf trips and I was ready to get some time away with my closest friends over here. We settled on Penang, Malaysia for a few reasons...

1. It was close (just an 80 minute flight)
2. There was a beach
3. It was somewhere none of us had been
4. It put another stamp in my passport (only having been to Malaysia once to Legoland. Doesn't really count).

The weather on Saturday was PERFECT. Walked on the beach, breakfast, and an entire day by the pool. We finally went into our rooms at 7pm to get ready for the evening. I found this funny because by 7pm I'm usually doing anything BUT "getting ready" for the evening. We made our way to the Hard Rock Cafe where we had dinner and danced the night away. I don't think I could have asked for a better day from start to finish with these girls.

On Sunday, Lucinda, Kendra and I went parasailing. I've been wanting to do it for a long time and am so happy I had Lucinda to tandem-sail with. It eased both of our nerves, as she doesn't really like heights and I don't really enjoy not being in control of situations. Ha!

Feeling incredibly blessed to have these women in my life. I will forever treasure the memories we've made together over the past 2 years and will be eternally thankful that our paths crossed.


Tanya 
Jill 
Lucinda




Lucinda, Tanya, me & Ange
Pulling & running to take off...crazy feeling!
Up, up and away! We were feeling pretty proud of ourselves right here...
Coming in for the landing. That was NOT graceful. 


It's hard to believe (and I'm not totally sure it has sunk in for me yet) that we fly out of here in just TWO WEEKS. It certainly doesn't feel like we are leaving yet, and I'm hoping some emotion hits me soon. We don't have the rushed must-do-everything-and-see-everyone feeling and it's hard to believe the school year ends in just 7 more school days. But as teachers know, the end of the year is FAR from relaxing. Maybe that's it. Maybe it's because our apartment is still fully intact, waiting on the movers. And maybe it's because it has been on our minds for so long that it feels like any other day. 

Who knows. But I do know that as hard as it will be to give good-bye-hugs here, we have many hello-hugs waiting for us on the other end. That puts a HUGE smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment