Monday, June 9, 2014

The One and Only

Tanya.

I don't pronounce her name correctly, never have, never will. To make it easier, I call her T. Or Betts. To me, she's also known as Betts. And she is fabulous.

I am not totally sure how we became friends, but I am thankful for this girl every.single.day. I think it started because she was Luke's art teacher. She adores our boys and happens to think Adam is pretty great too. In fact, she wrote an entire blog post about him... check it out if you have time. Made me feel pretty blessed to be married to him.

http://www.tanyavok.blogspot.sg/2014/05/everybody-loves-adam.html

Staying true to fashion with our friendship, I will write a list of many reasons that I LOVE THIS GIRL.

1. We took months to understand each other (Australian/American accents and pronunciations can be quite different and the differences are often hysterical)
2. We would catch each other making funny looks, mid-conversation, because we didn't have a clue what the other one was saying. Acting as if we had a clue was even more comical.
3. She is funny. Super funny.
4. We laugh ALL THE TIME.
5. We make lists to remember all the things we need to talk about. We respond in lists too.
6. She is the reason we have a new favorite TV show - Offspring
7. She loves, loves, loves my boys.
8. She is real. She says it like it is and I love that about her.
9. She can always make me laugh and cheer me up.
10. She brings me Starbucks. A lot.
11. We have frequent sushi/Mexican/dinner dates.
12. She makes my boys superhero cards when they're sick.
13. She taught Adam how to play the guitar.
14. She's a great shopping buddy.
15. Two of our favorite things are eating and wine. Well, three. Coffee too.
16. She flew to the Gold Coast just to spend 2 nights with us.
17. She granted me joint custody of her straightening iron for my hair. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
18. We say "goodbye" but know that we'll text each other 15 times before the end of the day.
19. She remembers my long work days and calls or emails to wish me luck.
20. She was my 50-consecutive-days running buddy AND Tuesday/Thursday yoga buddy.
21. She introduced me to SkipBo, which is a game my attention span can handle.
22. We understand that we may stop listening to one another mid-conversation because we are already thinking about something else.
23. We can complain for 10 minutes then move on in 10 seconds.
24. Random calls and texts are sent frequently.
25. We quote lines from Friends and work them into conversations any chance we get.

Those are just some of the reasons why this girl has filled my life with happy. It's hard to write more because I cry at the thought of not seeing her every day. She brings so much joy to my life and I am better for having her in it. It's rare to find a laugh-until-your-belly-hurts friend and she is one of those. I will forever remember moments, days and events that we've shared. She was the first person to hug me when we bought our house, she was the one to sit with me in silence after the death of a family friend and she is treasured by every person in this house.

Within minutes of meeting her, you want to be friends with her. I am lucky enough to know that she is truly a lifetime friend. I simply cannot thank her enough for the ways she has enriched my life.

I love you T.






No comments:

Post a Comment