"Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard." -Dave Mustaine
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Body Boarding & Zip Lining in Bali
Simply put: The boys were ROCK STARS on this vacation! Luke started out day 1 on the beach saying "I don't want to wear my swim shorts, because I'm not getting into the water"... to body boarding for about 3 hours. When I saw that Adam rented two boards, I wondered how Drew would take to it. He loved it and was right there with big brother riding the waves. The water was warm, the waves were just the right size and the weather was beautiful. A great way to begin our vacation!
We visited three different beaches this trip and this was by far the best one
Living the hard life...
I think this is one of my all time favorites. Courage, confidence, brotherly love and teamwork.
Tuesday brought more adventure and another bucket-list item checked off for me. Seems a bit silly, but zip-lining is something I've wanted to try for years. We weren't sure how the boys would do with the constant hooking and unhooking of the carabiners, but Luke mastered it quite quickly and was very willing to help Drew out along the way.
First stop up the hill was at a Temple on Lake Bratan.
This kid was scared to death at first...but he stuck with it and must have done the course 8+ times!
If you ask Luke what his favorite part of Bali was...he'll tell you this day was!
Of course Adam worked his way (quickly) to the Black course - which was the highest and hardest.
As you can imagine, we were all sleeping soundly early these nights. Long days, full of fun and adventure, wore this foursome out!
No comments:
Post a Comment