A week ago yesterday we jetted off to Maui with some friends to celebrate our 10th anniversary. When Adam and I got married, I really wanted to honeymoon in Hawaii considering I'd never been there. We settled on Puerto Vallarta with the promise that we'd go for our 10th anniversary if life hadn't taken us there before then. While life took us to some pretty amazing places, Hawaii wasn't one of them. Hence our trip to Maui!
It is simply crazy when I look back on the last 10 years and the ride we've been on. The last decade for us, has included: finishing college degrees, owning two homes, living in two states, having two dogs, expanding our family by two incredible little boys, teaching multiple grades and moving to a different country. It seems the Mitchell's like to do things in two's. :) We feel incredibly blessed to live the lives we have and we look forward to continuing our journey into the next decade.
Our week in Maui was filled with sun, relaxation, calmness, freedom, laughter and love.
 |
| View from the back of our condo |
 |
Beautiful Lahaina. I loved the old town feel.
 |
| Jeff & Tavia - who celebrated their 8th anniversary while we were there. Dinner at Fleetwood's. Just one of the many amazing meals we had while we were there! |
 |
| Two tables back is Mick Fleetwood from Fleetwood Mac. He's the one who looks like Santa. All-Star baseball player, Randy Johnson was also dining there. Yes, I had to Google them both. |
 |
| The boys got in three rounds of golf while we were there. |
 |
| Tavia & I were treated to a spa day while the boys played a round at Kapalua Golf Course. |
 |
| We spent time at both Kaanapali & Kapalua beaches...GORGEOUS! |
 |
Our view one night at dinner...the beach doesn't get much closer!
 |
| Fantastic dinner at Aloha Mixed Grill |
 |
Another great meal at Spanky's Bar & Grill. Spanky is an adorable black lab that hangs out at the bar. :)
 |
| Our final day was spent hiking (more like rock climbing) to get up close and personal with the ocean. |
 |
| I wish sound could be captured here. We are standing in the middle where there is a small "pool" estimated to be about 30ft deep. It is swimmable and as you stand or swim there, you can hear the waves crashing against the rock formations on every side. A few times the waves crashed high enough to spray up and over. |
 |
Adam jumping into the "pool"
 |
A great trip with great friends! Here's to many more years of happiness, good health, daily laughter and two little boys who we're crazy in love with. Three more weeks until we head back across the world. (Can't think about it yet.)
|
|
|
I can't think about the three week part either...Such a great summer we've had!
ReplyDelete-Lindsey