Friday, February 1, 2013

When life hands you lemons...

I believe that if life you gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... AND try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party. -Ron White

Tough week at work. Spent last night with a group of girls laughing and having fun. Spent some time this morning with my boys in the pool, followed by brunch with a few girlfriends. Good for the soul. I am constantly learning and growing from the people who have been put into our lives. They enrich my life and fill me up. I talk about my friends at home and how much I miss them. My friends here understand that. They know and experience all of the same feelings I am living. They get it and I am so, so grateful for their presence and friendship.

Happy Birthday Libby!



Yesterday at school we celebrated Chinese New Year with an hour long assembly/celebration. It was awesome. Lion dancers, traditional dancing, Dragon dancing and an adorable skit put on by our bilingual kindergarten class. I loved that our entire family experienced it together. Drew and Luke woke up talking about it this morning.

In place of uniforms, students and staff were encouraged to wear red or Chinese clothing. Our family opted for red, a symbol of good fortune and JOY in the Chinese culture. Perfect.

So much fun to be in the same place! 
Luke sitting with his class
Three of my sweet girls 
Lion Dance
The Dragon dance
Luke shaking this guy's hand (a good sign that Disneyland won't freak him out!)
The lion dancers were AMAZING!

Five days until my mom and Denis arrive. CAN.NOT.WAIT.

We are constantly trying to balance the lemons here, turning them into lemonade whenever we can. And often times, the Vodka isn't too shabby either. What a ride.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment