Thursday, December 6, 2012

Super cool

There are many days in my classroom where I step back and think..."How cool is this?" Here are a few of those moments captured on camera...

One of my students during our Unit of Inquiry - she's reading an article with a small group and recording her questions, new vocabulary and learning on her iPad using an interactive app.
Using our Unity of Inquiry, I assigned students reading passages at their level in our computer lab, and they took their iPads along with them to again record questions, vocabulary and new learning. 

One of my favorite moments. Had Adam come teach my Math Enrichment class to give me  ideas and support for how to teach math through inquiry. Very difficult with the group I have. Lucky to have him to watch & learn from :)


A few other things I am loving at work right now is the fact that I have a Christmas tree in my classroom decorated with ornaments the kids made, which we made while listening to Christmas music. Our kids got to write "Letters to Santa" at lunch last week and we get to have Christmas caroling from our PTA. It's been fun being able to celebrate this holiday with my students. 

Looking forward to a fun weekend. Girl's night tomorrow, Luke's birthday party Saturday and a date night Saturday evening. We're hoping to visit Santa on Sunday. Drew's all talk right now, we'll see what actually happens when Santa is right in front of him. 

Sending hugs back home
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment