Friday, November 16, 2012

Nanny & Grandpa's week

While I don't have any pictures to post from my camera, Vicki has several from their daily adventures. Wednesday they spent the day getting massages, walking around Little India and eating Michelle's spring rolls. Thursday they walked around the Marina Bay Sands & Gardens by Bay area and joined us for Michelle's delicious chicken curry and prata. They loved it and in true Dickster fashion, he brought over Indian music to play while we ate our Indian food. That will come as no suprise to those that know him well. :) Yesterday they joined us in the Parent Cafe at school for lunch, saw both Adam and I do a little teaching, and played with the boys. Last night Adam took his dad out for drinks to celebrate a co-workers birthday, while Vicki and I went to one of my favorite Singapore spots - Holland Village for dinner & shopping.

I hope they have enjoyed their week as much as we've enjoyed seeing them each day! This weekend I'll get some pictures, as we're headed to a water park, the Night Safari, the Botanical Gardens and China Town.

On a different note - Luke proudly came home Monday and let Adam know, "Daddy! I kissed a girl at school today!" He's only 4 and it's starting already. Drew had a great week at school. Every Wednesday nursery has Splash Day where they get to wear their swimsuits and participate in all sorts of water play. He LOVES Splash Day!

Back to D&V. One thing I have really enjoyed about them here is having people from home experience our life in Singapore. We explain it and describe it when we can, but it's totally different being able to "live" it for awhile. They've come to see how non-intrusive it is to have Michelle live here, how easy the public transportation is, how the humidity never goes away, how late people stay up here, how many different cultures live here (and live peacefully together), how clean the MRT is, how expensive things are, and hopefully why we are enjoying our time here. There's SO much to do!

Time to start our weekend. Go Ducks - we'll be watching the game Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment