Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Work, work, work

It's amazing how quickly we go from summer relaxing to work stress! Work has continued to be busy this week with meetings, team planning and room prep. Many people have asked about Adam's job and for now, it's hard to say exactly what it will 'look' like on a day to day basis. He will be using a lot of data from math testing that's done here and using that to put students in specialized groupings. With the classroom teachers and him, it makes for a lot of flexible groups for students. He not only places students within groups, but he plans all the lessons; meeting with each grade level 2 times a week for 60 minutes each. Right now that seems completely crazy...organizing & planning 6-8 math groups in each grade (grades K-5). But if anyone can pull it off, it's him! He will be meeting with grade level teams once weekly and will lead those meetings as well. More to come on his job. :)

Mine is the standard third grade teaching position, with lots of additional specials (drama, dance, PE, music, tech, library, and art) added in. While this sounds wonderful, in terms of additional prep time for me, I have no doubt I will be busy during my time without students. We will also be teaching an after school club or activity one day a week and have staff meetings every Monday until 5:30pm. It's a lot more than we're used to (in terms of meetings and after school requirements), but we get a lot of perks being here that offset the additional load. Paid rent, vacation time, flights home, free tuition for our kids, etc. Hard to complain.

Luke and I headed to Holland Village after work today to get his uniforms for school. SO cute! He has a polo shirt for 3 days a week and a regular, dry-fit shirt for 2 days a week when he has PE. Drew has his orientation tomorrow from 9-11am which I'll be able to attend. I'm loving that they'll be in the same building with us (even if it's a 5 story one!). I'll try to get pics of Drew with his new teacher and classmates. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment