Saturday, December 6, 2014

Thankful

'Tis the season...

Giving thanks is something I definitely do not reserve for the holidays. I try to stop and make time for gratitude in my life daily. And I feel blessed that I don't have to look very hard. Gratitude is what gets me through difficult times, it's what reminds that what I have is enough and it always sheds a positive light when the light feels dim.

I once did a Thankful activity with my students and the quote I wrote on it was: There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. So true. 

We had a wonderful time in Roseburg celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday with our families. Sitting around the table, eating together, laughing and talking was JUST what my heart had missed so, so much. Don't get me wrong, we loved our Thanksgiving potlucks in Singapore and our friends there made the holidays brighter. But simply put, HOME is where I want to be, especially for the holidays.

My beautiful sister...SO fun being with her and having our kids back together. 









These four are a joy to watch grow up.
Black Friday brought wine tasting and another Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad, Michelle and family.



Cousins...trying to get a smile out of Drew :) 

The weekend wrapped up with the Civil War game and a little birthday celebration for Luke :) 





Two peas in a pod!
We are loving the holiday season back home!



No comments:

Post a Comment