-driving in my car, anywhere I need to go
-pulling up to a store, parking in a parking lot and walking in
-TARGET
-the cool, crisp mornings and evenings
-I enjoyed the day of rain, because when it rained, it was cool outside.
-having space to move around
-not sweating every second of the day
-my Keurig coffee WITH creamer :)
-seeing our furniture and things again after two years (some of it we haven't seen since Reno)
As for the adjustment, it's hard to answer that question. We flew in on a Tuesday, got straight off the plane and did Disneyland for 3 days. Then we flew to Portland, got off the plane and immediately began working on our house. The moving-in has.not.stopped in seven days. This is not a complaint, just reality. I have loved putting our house together and making it a home. Adam flew to Reno for four days, the boys have been in Roseburg (thanks to some incredible grandparents) and I have been working like crazy to put this place together as much as possible for the boys come back. As you can imagine, it's much easier to unpack a house, run errands and decorate without a six and three year-old around. :) My mom was a huge help up here this week, and Adam has been too for the past few days.
So given all of that... I haven't had a moment to process much. I know I love being here and I can honestly say at this point in time, there's nothing I miss about Singapore. In saying that, I know most of my friends are on holiday.
Buying this house was one of our goals and it feels so good to have accomplished that WHILE getting to live a very different life for two years.
Here are a few pics from this week's work...
| My mom was in charge of the front and as usual, she made it look great. The potted plants on the porch were a welcome home gift from Lindsey. |
| Luke's request was a Miami Heat room. He got it, with an overall "sports" theme. His room was one of three that needed painting. Not too bad. |
| Our room :) |
| Drew bug wanted a Superhero room. He still has a few things coming in our shipment. |
| Our sunroom - where I hope to drink lots of coffee and wine while the kids play :) Also growing my first-ever herb garden. |
This place is beginning to feel like home. I love it here. We love it here and can't wait to be in it all together, as a family. For buying a home via Facetime, it couldn't have worked out any better.
When we walked up to our front porch for the first time, I found the potted flowers from Lindsey and two beautiful bouquets & cards from friends in Singapore. There were tears before I even stepped foot in the door!
It's been so much fun seeing familiar faces and dear friends & family during the past week at home. We feel so grateful to have such amazing people in our lives. Thank you for welcoming us back with open arms. And to our Singapore friends, thank your for sharing in our happiness from all over the world. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment