On Thursday Luke & I spent the morning shopping. Adam gave me a spending allowance and I think we had it gone in 30 minutes flat. I could have spent hours shopping up and down the streets of Seminyak! Such neat and unique stores.
In the afternoon, our driver Budhi picked us up and took us to a 'new to us' beach and the Uluwatu Temple. The boys were mostly excited to see the Balinese Fire Dance that took place at sunset atop the temple. While the temple wasn't overly impressing, the views were SPECTACULAR.
 |
| This picture cracks me up. Below you will see WHY the boys are staring off in the distance... |
 |
| Japanese tour bus pulled in! And those ladies came a runnin'... |
 |
| Entering the Uluwatu Temple |
 |
| Wearing the yellow ribbons around your waist is a sign of respect |
 |
| Watching the Fire Dance. Sitting high up in the stands, watching the sun set over the water...what a memory! |
And that wraps up our Bali vacation! The next day we spent the entire day at our favorite water park and Saturday we hit the beach for a few hours before flying back to Singapore. As we left, it was a bit sad knowing that we will never return. I know, never say never, but having been there twice now, going back is highly unlikely. I absolutely love Bali and feel extremely grateful to have gotten to know their culture.
Touching down in Singapore marked our final trip as a family living abroad. While our traveling certainly doesn't end here...it ends for our time in Southeast Asia. We have been a lot of places and will leave with many more that we wish we could have have seen. That said, we consider ourselves very fortunate to have had the opportunities we did. Blessed for sure, a million times over.
No comments:
Post a Comment