Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bintan, Indonesia

I took Friday off and we ferried a short 45 minutes to Bintan, Indonesia for a girl's night away. It was JUST what we needed. Lots of sun (okay, maybe too much of that), a few drinks, walks along the water, pool time, laughs and relaxation. It was the perfect way to end their stay here and I think we all left feeling relaxed and rejuvinated. And let's be honest, quite sun burnt!

Before heading out we had a quick breakfast on Orchard Rd 

And we're off!
This is the same resort Lisa & I visited last year when she was in Singapore. I love it there...simple, relaxing and beautiful!
Life is good!











I couldn't get over the water and it's 20 shades of blue. Gorgeous! 

Ha! Sister snapped this shot of Linds and I checking out our burns as we waited to board the ferry home. Our skin color provided a lot of laughs and strange looks. Yes, we are the sun-worshipping Americans who don't know how to apply sunscreen.

Never in a million years did I think I would be in Singapore and Indonesia with these girls. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience for ALL of us. I hugged them goodbye today with a heart full of memories, happiness & love. While I know they were looking forward to seeing their families again, I simply can't thank them enough for being here. They said many times that it was a trip they'll never forget. I couldn't agree more. It meant just as much to me.

And just like that.... our visitors to Singapore have all come and gone. It's a surreal feeling, as our time is quickly ticking away here. We have two more weeks until our Spring break, which will mark our final overseas family vacation as expats in Singapore. 

So much JOY these past few months with all of our visitors. A perfect way to wind down our time in Singapore! 

Feeling blessed & thankful. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment