Monday, January 13, 2014

And the Award Goes to...

You know, I wouldn't say that our family would win many awards, accept for one: Number of times we get sick in a year. For us, illness ALWAYS seems to revolve around trips.

Poor Drew bug has been in the hospital for two days. What appeared to be a "severe allergic reaction" now appears to be pneumonia. As I write this, we are awaiting test results. At the time he was admitted, he had head to toe hives, including swollen lips. He was also wheezing, which is why he's been kept in the hospital.

After two nights, his IV is out and his oxygen machine/mask have been removed. Adam is hoping they will be released this evening.

This would be an award I would happily give back!

**Since writing this, Drew is home and doc said no school until Jan 25th. We currently have NO idea what caused this, as his test results for pneumonia came back negative. He has a host of meds to take and when his body recovers, he'll go in for the full allergy testing.

In just 48 hours I had forgotten who ran the house. Within minutes of his return, I was reminded. Drew runs the show.

We are happy to have his sassy self back home!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment