As I think back on our 2013, I find myself reflecting on 7 key things (of which I recently read)...
1. Gratitude. I am so grateful for the journey I'm on with my family. To see part of the world and do it with three people I love more than anything is more than I ever could have imagined. Ever.
2. Simplicity and Order. I have Adam to thank for this. He makes life simple. He listens, questions, gives advice and loves us unconditionally. As for the order, I'm giving that up to Maricel. Honestly, she is such a blessing to our family and keeps our house running smoothly. Living in Singapore is easier because of her.
3. Harmony. This moment right now. I have a healthy family and we're together.
4. Cultivating Contentment. This is a hard one. I am constantly reminding myself (or being reminded) to live in the present. While we have a lot to look forward to this year, I also find myself very content with where life has us now.
5. Noticing Beauty. I find myself doing this a lot with our travels. Finding beauty in faces, places, unexpected areas and moments.
With the beauty, I often find gratitude & joy.

6. Finding Joy. The word that changed my outlook about 14 months ago. I think of them as my "stop and smile" moments. In the stress of our late morning with tired kids and hotel switches, this moment made me stop and smile.
Brothers quietly enjoying lunch together.

7. Connection. I am so thankful for my family & friends. Their connection makes me feel at home no matter where I'm at in the world. The thoughtfulness of so many makes me feel like we're never too far away.
Happy New Year to our loved ones near & far! Cheers to 2014 (and in breaking rule number 4) the year we move HOME!
xo
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment