Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Dentist & Iron Man

Luke and I visited the dentist for our first time in Singapore on Saturday. As someone who's only had one cavity in her entire life (I cried the day I had my first, at 21 years old), I was having a hard time admitting it had been 16 moths since I had last seen a dentist.

Anyway, all went well and Luke was a rockstar. He loved the kid's room - who wouldn't - there was a flat screen in the ceiling that played Toy Story! Our dentist was great and something I'm finding quite common here is that doctors and dentists do all the work. While someone assisted her, she did both cleanings herself. Just as doctors take blood pressure, etc. themselves.

After our appointments, we went out for lunch at Luke's favorite soup noodle place. Such a fun morning with my little 5 year old.






Perfect little teeth and a perfect little smile :)

Something worth noting, since I always talk about how expensive Singapore is.... healthcare is quite inexpensive. Both of our cleanings and check ups cost us $380 out of pocket (which is about $300 USD). That's it. Insurance will reimburse that, but to me that seems pretty darn cheap compared to back home.

That evening we decided to take the boys to the Chinese Gardens. It's currently the mid-Autumn lantern festival and we had been told the Gardens have quite an impressive show of lanterns. Turns out those people were wrong. It was disappointingly plain, but still a very pretty place and a new experience for us. 

I think the highlight of the evening was Drew. When he's not throwing a tantrum or being fiesty, he's pretty hilarious. He insisted on taking his Ironman mask, which translated to this on the MRT...


Sunday was pretty much a full day at the pool. Even on tough days, it's hard to argue with a day like this. Even after being here a full year and working intense jobs, some aspects of Singapore still feel like vacation.


I'll leave you with the image below. You're welcome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment