-I spent half the summer in Paris then the other half in Mexico.
-I'm taking Mandarin. It's my fourth language.
-What's snow?
-It's so hot!!
-The air con is too cold!!
-This weekend I'm going to Malaysia
-I forgot my lunch but my helper's bringing it.
-I did my summer reading and math homework but I left it in France.
-"Hi Jenny" (Said by me). Another girl chimes in, "That's not Jenny. That's Sue. Jenny is the other Korean girl."
-Do we always have to climb up this many stairs?
-I need to go to the toilet.
-When they write about their "Favorite Summer Memory" and all 22 of them involve different countries
-Hearing people refer to my home as the United States of America
-Sharing our "Me Bags" over the week and hearing, "This is a picture of my house in Texas. This is the Chilean flag. I was born in Chile before I moved to Texas. Then I lived in Tokyo before Singapore."
-My dad is usually in the U.S. or China for business
-I live with my mom and my dad lives in Korea. He flies back and forth once a month.
-Can we pllleeeeaaaase take the lift?
-What is Fall?
| First day of school! Luke is a kindergartener! |
![]() |
| His early bday gift arrived from Ma & Ampa. He hasn't taken it off! |
| Another day, another Disney character at the pool |
![]() |
| Cheers to week one being DONE! What a long week! (Yes, that's a beer in my hand. Asia is changing me. And yes, that glow is just sweat.) |
Drew eased right back into nursery with no problems at all. He now goes until 1:45 three days a week and gets to eat lunch there. He's the only one is our family that gets the fancy schmancy lunch from our famous chef. Not because we love him more, but because it's free with his tuition for extended day.
Luke continues to love school! He has Ms. Mahoney this year and has had a smile on his face every day when he arrives and every day when he leaves. He even said to me, "Mom! Ms. Mahoney gave me a special, special, special place on the carpet." Hmmmm... didn't have the heart to tell him that's not a good thing.
My class has settled into routines well and I think we'll have a great year together. Adam's year has gotten off to a good start as well. So much easier this time around.
These past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Working 11 days with 1 day off has made it seem loooong. BUT, we have a normal weekend now and look forward to settling into our own usual routines for the school year. Pedicure and lunch with friends today and a new water park tomorrow. Hello weekend!
xo


It sounds like such a great start to the year! Miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to come back!
ReplyDeleteAuntie :)