Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back in the United States!

We are LOVING being home. Our flights were right on time, putting us in Portland at 8:45am Saturday morning. We were exhausted (having missed a night of sleep) but so excited. Adam and Drew headed straight to Roseburg so Adam could make his 2pm tee time. He was able to play in the Abby's Golf Tournament for the 10th plus year in a row. I had more important things to take care of in Portland, like getting my hair done. Afterwards I had lunch with a group of friends that I've missed hugely. Made it to Roseburg that evening for a much needed full night's sleep.

Sunday morning I was able to surprise my Dad for Father's Day. Every year on Father's Day we have breakfast together. We can't remember the last time we missed a breakfast. Counting back, we know it's been at least 12 years. His reaction was priceless when he saw me pull up. As he knew it, we wouldn't be back in the states until Wednesday.

Here's what we are loving about life back in Oregon...

-ELLA! She has fit right back in with our family like we've never been away. Luke doesn't want to leave her side and we often have to fight for who gets to sleep with her.
-Visiting and catching up with family & friends
-Cool mornings and evenings. As I write this, I'm in shorts and long sleeves. Love.
-Coffee WITH creamer. A small container of creamer in Singapore is over $18!
-Driving my car. I love my car.
-The prices of food! Adam and I are not Walmart fans, but last night we were their biggest fans. Bought a huge box of Honey Nut Cheerios and it felt like we were stealing. Haven't had those in 11 months because they are $12.95/box in Sing, but here, JUST $4.58!!!
-Golfing and not being miserable from the humidity
-Running and not being miserable from the humidity
-Not sweating 24 hours a day!
-Sleeping without the noises of fans and air conditioners

A lot of people ask us if it feels strange to be back. Oddly enough, it doesn't feel weird at all. In some ways it seems like we made the move so long ago and in other ways it feels like we've been gone just a couple of months. I guess that's a good thing. It's good to know you can leave and return to life as 'normal.'

Happiness on the golf course
The boys loved driving around with Uncle Ty Ty & Daddy

Ella lovin'
Dinner on the patio - cool breeze, blue skies, Ella at our feet.  
HOLY CHEAP!  
On our run this morning. Ella and I ran as if we've never missed a day together. And I ran at least 15 minutes before sweating! Considering I was sweating BEFORE I ran in Singapore, it was perfectly lovely.

1 comment: