We are SO, SO excited to see Dick & Vicki! They arrive Sunday at 1am. Just in time to head to the hotel, get some sleep, and be ready to play with two little boys who can't wait to hug them and love on them.
Having them here for 2 weeks is forcing us to do a lot of the touristy stuff we've put on hold because we live here. It's true what people say. We find ourselves putting things off because we're here for two years. Before we know it, we've lived here 4 months and everything is still on our list.
In the next few weeks I should finally be able to post some great pics of Singapore and what it has to offer. :)
Conferences are tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting with families and having them over with. Even across the world they are A TON of work. 12 hour work days this week makes for one tired momma!
Drew is love, love, loving school. In fact, we're adding back Fridays. I picked him up after class today. Before they released him I was spying on him during carpet time. There he was, sitting next to the TA, perfectly still on the carpet, listening to Miss Shamani read a story. So cute. Man I could eat that little boy up.
Ate dinner with some friends at a great Swiss restaurant tonight. Who wouldn't want Swiss food in Singapore? After dinner we enjoyed walking down Orchard Road as they have a lot of their Christmas decorations up. Adam said, "It's not even Thanksgiving yet!"...but then again, we have to remember that we're the only ones that care about Thanksgiving.
I think...I thiiiink the weather is actually cooling off a bit. We've noticed that it has definitely been a bit more pleasant lately. That is, in between the major rain storms we get suddenly and the humidity that still allows you to wear tank tops during the "cool" season.
Hugs to family & friends back home!
No comments:
Post a Comment