The Singapore Zoo in a word: AMAZING! I can hardly wait to take the boys back to see that place. We braved the day (Tuesday) with 115 third graders and 20 adults. I was the only one smart enough to have enough parents go so that I could roam freely in between groups. Translate: spent most of the day taking it all in in complete peace and quiet. Suckers.
 |
| Look above the sign. The little white faced monkeys were having a feast right there above my head. No gates, fences, nothing. Wow. |
 |
| This one is a bit harder to see...but if you look in the center of the tree branches, you can see two baby orangutans all twisted up. The monkeys have a lot of free reign around the zoo. The only ones I remember truly being fenced in were the baboons. |
 |
And then there's this little monkey. Too cute not to include...he tried to pour himself a bowl of cereal. I'm thinking about a fence for this guy.
It may be ironic that I'm impressed by the free moving monkeys considering the monkey forest we'll be visiting in Bali. I have a feeling those monkeys might be WAY more personal though. We leave for Bali at 4:30 tomorrow. Can't wait. The flu hit Adam on Wednesday night, the boys are still hacking up a lung with their coughing, and I have body aches that I'm trying to ignore. At least Adam went to the doctor last night and in true Asian medical care fashion, we have enough meds to start a pharmacy. Amen.
I'm thinking this place will be just the thing we need to recharge ourselves. Looking forward to time away - together & away from work - our batteries are running low these days. Cheers to Fall Break!
Much love to family & friends back home. You will be in my mind as I stir my drink with the umbrella. xoxox
|
No comments:
Post a Comment