Some lovely friends could see the rough day I had, as I received these on my desk this morning:
The note on the left with the latte says "Bloom where you are planted." Those words have given me something to think about all day. The other is just a reminder that someone cares.
In the midst of craziness, frustration and tiredness, I'm reminded that friendships enrich my life in so many ways. From the ones I adore back home to the new ones I've made here, they make my life so much richer. As one of my dearest friends would say, they make my heart happy.
Tonight as Adam and I were leaving work for our dinner date, he could tell I wouldn't be able to forget about work and enjoy myself. Back to my classroom I went, worked on reports, while he went and got us both dinner. There we sat, in my classroom, having our dinner date seated in 3rd grade desks. He makes my heart happy too.
It's these small gestures that remind me when I remove all the frustration from work, I'm left with some pretty amazing people and opportunities in my life. For that, I am blessed.

I'm so happy that in Adam you have such a great support. How blessed you both are for this exciting, wonderful, trying, and heartwrenching journey and to be able to do it side by side. Trust me, I'm trying my damnest to figure out a way to hop on that jet plane to see you. Oh how I wish I were there to leave you something special on your desk, but I am happy to know that there are others there who love and support you. YOU make my heart happy! I love you lots and lots!
ReplyDelete-Lindsey
Wish I could do something to brighten your day! Happy to hear you have made some friends that can cheer you up. Sounds like Adam did a pretty good job too :) XOXO!!!
ReplyDelete