Sunday, September 2, 2012

I heart weekends

We need a weekend from our weekend. I love weekends like that, but they also make it sooo hard to start work Monday! We had a great weekend (one of my favorites here so far). Friday evening started out with a birthday get together for Adam's co-teacher. Or as I call her, his work wife. She had a party in Little India which later moved to a small bar in Little India called Prince of Whales. We enjoyed spending time with so many of our co-workers outside of school.

Saturday was a morning at the park and afternoon at the pool. Luke had a BIG day as the arm floaties came off and he began swimming on his own. So exciting. It's crazy to think that when we got here he was still a bit timid in the water and needed to be held or have floaties on. Now he's swimming!

Saturday evening Jill and I took Ella & Luke to see Cat & the Hat (along with two other ladies and their daughters). It was at a cute little theater in the Robinson Quay area. We had pizza afterwards where we ran into an SAIS family and classmate of Luke's. He loved running around being silly with her. Sunday was a fun day of shopping with Jill, more pool time and an evening with my friend Ellen and her family. We are so happy to have her family here and that we get to spend time with them. Familiar faces are always a bonus.

Looking forward to another week ahead. As we start our 5th week of work, I can't help but think of our friends in Portland that are getting ready to have their first week with kids in a few days. I am thinking of them, wishing them luck and missing the start of the year with them. The time change has been frustrating, as I've had a hard time connecting with them lately. Know that you are all in my thoughts. Sending lots of love your way....


Adam & Deanna (the birthday girl)

Alex & Jill 

Jill, Vanessa, Mia and me. Vanessa & Mia are on my team

Robinson Quay area - Luke & Mila, from the same K1 class :)

Luke & Ella strolling home after the play & dinner. Adorable. 

We borrowed a dog at the park :)
Boys being boys



Luke's PE uniform - hat and all. Check out the giant sandbox & toys for his recess!
This is where I graded papers Saturday afternoon :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment