As I re-read my first post on this blog, I realized how certain I was that Ella would be traveling to Singapore with us. In reality, when I learned more about what she would have to go through to make the trek over, I started rethinking the fairness of it all. The 24 hour travel time + 30 days in quarantine made us realize how hard a move like that would be on her. Our hope was to find a local home for her so we could have her next summer when we come home to visit. This proved to be difficult, but it all worked out.
She will be staying with a couple and their 2-year old golden retriever (this couple was recommended to us by a parent in my classroom). They have been a home to over 24 foster dogs. This not only means that they certainly have a love for dogs, but they understand what it's like to have limited attachment. They are so excited for Ella to join their family, as the lady has tried for years to foster Border Collie's with no luck.
Two words come to mind when I think of these people:
Gratitude....how do you ever thank someone enough for opening their home, loving your dog and keeping her safe for 2 years while you're overseas?
Selflessness....the true meaning of what they are doing, as they know they have to give her back.
It's humbling to know there are people out there who would do this, especially considering we had never met this couple one month ago. People certainly come into your life at the right time....
No comments:
Post a Comment